Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kcrafton

will it die or can it be saved?

kcrafton
18 years ago

I have had a hibiscus plant for about 3 years now. Every year when it gets cold outside, I just bring it in and does really well inside for the cold winter months. Last week, it was really warm so I left it outside all week. This past Saturday it rained most of the day. I forgot to bring the plant in at night and it probably got down to 32 over night. Sunday morning I remembered that it was outside so I brought it in. Usually if I put the plant outside and it's chilly, an hour or so in the house will perk it right up. All day on Sunday, inside, it didn't perk up. Only the spots that had new growth perked up. It's warm outside today so I have it sitting in the sun but most of the leaves are still curly looking. Is the plant going to die or is there something I can do to save it?

Comment (1)

• beachbarbie
    18 years ago

Since you say that the new leaves look good, I'd say you're fine. All the old leaves will probably fall off. Most likely, the rain helped it; a dried out plant would be less likely to recover as well as yours will.
    If you want to do something, you can take off the older, dying leaves. After a certin point, they don't come back (as you probably know).
    Good luck!
    Barb

Sponsored
Industry Leading General Contractors in Ohio