Return to the Hibiscus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Texas star seeds - germ. time?

Posted by surfgirl21 z8 WA, (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 2, 05 at 17:11

Hello all,

I planted some texas star seeds about 2 weeks ago and so far no germination. They are on a heat mat and everthing else in the tray sprouted already. Do they usually take so long or did I just get bad seeds?

TIA,

Sarah

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Texas star seeds - germ. time?

Don't give up yet.They do take a while (up to a month), especially if you didn't soak or scar them first - they make you work for it!
Barb

o

yes I agree don't give up yet on them. I just started some texas star using the paper towel mothod as I soaked the seeds in a paper towel and put them in a baggie and put them on top of my computer monitor (make sure no leaks) and in three days they were sproutted nicely. They are now growing in the soil nicely.
A lady told me to do that with another seed on a different forum and now I pretty much start all my seeds that way as it speeds up the germination quick.
Hope this helps.

o

How long does it take to get a good sized Texas Star plant from seeds?

o

• Posted by jvho 7tex (My Page) on
    Thu, Apr 14, 05 at 22:18

Took about two weeks for mine to sprout, I use the Jiffy Mini-Greenhouse. Put the Texas Star in full sun. I dont water mine much unless dry until heat of summer then I water early of a morning while it is cool. Mine took about 3 months to get any size. I use Organic fertilizers.

o

I planted some seeds the middle of last summer. They grew to about 2 feet before the summer was over. They grew like wildfire this summer and they just started to bloom. Hope this helps.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hibiscus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here