Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
surfgirl21_gw

Texas star seeds - germ. time?

surfgirl21
19 years ago

Hello all,

I planted some texas star seeds about 2 weeks ago and so far no germination. They are on a heat mat and everthing else in the tray sprouted already. Do they usually take so long or did I just get bad seeds?

TIA,

Sarah

Comments (5)

• beachbarbie
    19 years ago

Don't give up yet.They do take a while (up to a month), especially if you didn't soak or scar them first - they make you work for it!
    Barb

• flowercrazy44
    19 years ago

yes I agree don't give up yet on them. I just started some texas star using the paper towel mothod as I soaked the seeds in a paper towel and put them in a baggie and put them on top of my computer monitor (make sure no leaks) and in three days they were sproutted nicely. They are now growing in the soil nicely.
    A lady told me to do that with another seed on a different forum and now I pretty much start all my seeds that way as it speeds up the germination quick.
    Hope this helps.

• hoover67
    19 years ago

How long does it take to get a good sized Texas Star plant from seeds?

• jvho
    19 years ago

Took about two weeks for mine to sprout, I use the Jiffy Mini-Greenhouse. Put the Texas Star in full sun. I dont water mine much unless dry until heat of summer then I water early of a morning while it is cool. Mine took about 3 months to get any size. I use Organic fertilizers.

• bloogootootx
    16 years ago

I planted some seeds the middle of last summer. They grew to about 2 feet before the summer was over. They grew like wildfire this summer and they just started to bloom. Hope this helps.

Sponsored