Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kelligorman

Will it come back

KelliGorman
12 years ago

Hello,

I transferred one of my hibiscus last year. It bloomed several times and looked good. It came back last year but now it is not showing any signs of life. Does it take awhile for them to come back and do I trim back the old growth?

Thanks!

Kelli

Comments (2)

• tomva
    12 years ago

I dont see your zone so Im not sure what zone your in.If it is hardy to your zone it will come back and they are late starters,here in zone 7 they come back in May but this year they are starting to emerge now,we had some upper 80 days and that must be why they are early here..I cut the stalks back in the fall to a couple of inches the growth comes from the root so the stalk wont usually winter over it will just die and fall off but sometimes when I pile leaves around them they will get buds on the old stalk but I still cut them way back in the fall.Hope this helps u,dont give up on it...they emerge late and grow quickly...

• houstontexas123
    12 years ago

best way to check it is to lightly scratch the bark on several different branches and see if there is still green underneath.

what have your day time and night time temps been recently?

might still be a bit cool. my jasmine is just now starting to show some growth, and its been in the 80's for a few weeks now.

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?