Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nihal_gw

Various Hibiscus plants, all unwell

nihal
15 years ago

I seem to be having different problems with most of my hibiscus plants; last year the larger ones (double yellow flowers) flowered profusely all the way through November (we have a fairly mild climate here). This year these same plants seem to have trouble flowering, with only a few, random buds at the very top of the trees, and several yellowing leaves towards the bottom. The plants are in the ground, and get mostly afernoon light.

One other hibiscus (potted) is doing very poorly; hardly any leaves at all, and the rare buds that grow are meager looking. The leaves fold in on themselves and are brownish...

Lastly, my 4th hibiscus is full of leaves, but the flowers are also very thin and frail looking.

I have added fertilizer to all, tried to adjust the soil PH (more acidic, using Iron Chelate), and tried to balance the watering... and yet, despite their various symptoms, they all seem unwell. I am a fairly novice gardener : any ideas on what I am doing wrong??

I must mention that this year it rained an unusually large amount, but the rain has stopped since about a month now. Could that be the cause??

any feedback would be most appreciated.

thank you,

Comment

Sponsored
    NME Builders LLC
    Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
    Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH