Return to the Hibiscus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Did I kill my Hib?

Posted by flowerpower326 z6 nj (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 21, 05 at 20:18

Planted a Hardy Hib last summer and got some beautiful blooms. I cut it down to the soil in the fall. Did I kill it? There is nothing coming up yet.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Did I kill my Hib?

They should start comming back soon .... mine started about two weeks ago here in Austin Texas

o

Yep, you should see some sprouts by now. I've got two and one of em is almost 5 ft.

o

How warm is the soil? Take a black plastic garbage bag. Cut an X in the middle so the stump will poke through. Fold the pointed corners under the edges. Use bricks on each corner to hold down the plastic. The sun will warm the soil under the plastic and encourage growth. I have friends in Tenafly and Red Bank. It seems y'all are always about 6-8 weeks behind Alabama in Spring weather, so you may just now begin to see sprouts. Good luck.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hibiscus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here