Return to the Hibiscus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
and then it died......

Posted by Beth7Happy 9 CtrlFl (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 20, 05 at 20:43

Several...okay, MANY years ago we purchased a hibiscus plant from a local Big Box store...just because it had a pretty pink bloom and it was Mother's Day...!! Well, we plunked it into the groun near the pool and it became our very favorite tree. Hurricanes came and went..the tree took all kinds of abuse, but continuted to bloom every day except in the cold of winter. It got to be about 10 to 12 feet high and had a 'weeping'look...the leaves were small and close to the branches...it survived scale..neglect...however... :( The past season got it... it just gave up the ghost...I can't find one anywhere, nor do I know the name of it.... I've seen them around (we're in Brevard County) but none in the shops.... Any ideas??

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: and then it died......

Anderson Crepe is a "weepy" hibiscus.

o
RE: and then it died......

Hello Beth, Sounds very much like Albo Lacinatus, aka Ruth Wilcox. It does grow easily from cuttings, so I why not ask for a piece. Have a look at the site attached for the bloom. Good luck, Brian Kerr.

Here is a link that might be useful: American Hibiscus Minature Bloom List

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hibiscus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here