Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
modee2001

Droping Flowers

modee2001
19 years ago

I bought a hybrid Hibiscus from home Depot with lots of buds. I've planted in full sun but the buds are droping before the bloom. I live in SE Florida and have planted plenty of hibiscus, this is a first. The plant itself looks very healthy and is insect free. Can anyone HELP?

Comments (2)

• beachbarbie
    19 years ago

You may already realize this, but it could just be going thru shock and/or showing signs of stress from being moved around so much - nursery - HD - you.
    Some that I've bought have been fine, but others go through a bit of a slump, then recover quite nicely.
    Barb

• gardeniarose
    19 years ago

Sounds like shock to me too. But since we are on the dropping bud topic, what if you have an established hibiscus that's been in the ground for years and now suddenly drops a bud periodically? This same plant is also having leaves turn yellow very fast and also drop. I am also in south Florida. I thought maybe not enough water but they made it through our winter drought with only infrequent waterings by me. Our rainfall is on the rise now. Would a few months of drought followed by sudden flooding downpours cause the leaves to yellow? Thanks!

Sponsored
The Creative Kitchen Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars47 Reviews
Franklin County's Kitchen Remodeling and Refacing Professional