Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
amourane

hi new to Hibiscus

amourane
16 years ago

hi im still new to this flower /bush i had one last year that we loved i live in missouri and was told to protect it with straw for the winter but it didnt make it im hoping i can again find seeds or a plant and try again as this plant like our hoyas ive become addicted to lol i dont know what i did wrong last year but i wont give up on this plant if anyone knows where i can get seeds or a plant cheap please let me know i am 44 married male and soon to buy a my first home so plant on a lot of great plants in my yard i got into plants because disabled from the airforce and plants gives me something to do instead of just sitting around anyway i hope you dont mind if i joined you all

Comment (1)

• arctictropical
    15 years ago

Don't give up on the hibiscus. If it is the hardy hibiscus variety that dies to the ground each year, they are very slow to break dormancy. I live in zone 4 and have over 15 plants that come back every year, but I haven't seen any growth yet because of a cool Spring. Once it turns off hot, they will start breaking dormancy.

Sponsored