Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
toubab

Pseudocercospora abelmoschi treatment

toubab
16 years ago

Hi All,

I have a British friend living in The Gambia, West Africa .. he is an avid gardener and in his retirement is creating a lovely Tropical garden.

However he is having trouble with black mould on his Hibiscus plants .. which I assume to be pseudocercospora abelmoschi after researching it on the Internet.

After much searching, their is plenty of information on classifying this particular mould, but virtually none on methods of treatment.

Can any of you suggest appropriate measures he can take to eradicate and prevent re-infection of this mould please ? Bearing in mind that he has little or no access to modern anti-fungal treatments, being in the depths of the African bush.

Any old fashioned ( pre chemical dominance ) treatments you could suggest please ?

Thank you in advance for any help you can offer ....

Cheers

Toubab - David

Comment (1)

• agibson
    16 years ago

Got any Hydrogen peroxide? I found several references to it's being used against and to prevent black mold and other molds and plant pathogens. I didn't find anything about how to apply it or how often. I did find one reference to using it as a foliar spray.

Alana

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022