Return to the Hibiscus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Allergies and Hibiscus

Posted by goldenecho z8 (Waco TX) (My Page) on
Wed, May 8, 13 at 12:10

I've read that hibiscus is a good plant for people with allergies because the pollen is heavy, but I was just in the car with one and my eyes were just going nuts (itching, watering). I'm thinking maybe this was a special circumstance...an enclosed space, and the plant was right in front of the air conditioning vents which would have blown the pollen around, heavy or not.

If you suffer from allergies and have hibiscus (or had them), have you ever had and problem with them?

(There was also a lantana...but it was in the back seat, not right next to me in the front seat like the hibiscus, and it was a smaller plant, and is also supposed to be good for people with allergies, so I'm thinking that's not it)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Allergies and Hibiscus

Goldenecho,
This is news to me, but I have read articles of hibiscus and their unique properties. For allergies, I direct people to the local 'whole foods' stores and purchase honey from local 'hives'. This honey is made from local plant pollen and usually helps. Got to love home remedies.
Ed

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hibiscus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here