Return to the Hibiscus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HD hibiscus dying

Posted by billjoebob va (My Page) on
Tue, May 8, 07 at 13:16

Hello,

Last week I purchased several red and yellow tropicals from home depot. When purchased, they were healthy. After planting, they started wilting and never recovered no matter what I did. And I have a lot of exp. with them. All my very expensive ones are doing just fine. Went to the store, and to my surprise, all the ones they had were dying also. The dept. manager said they were diseased and for me to bring the ones I purchased back. Any one else had this experience and what kind of bug could they have. Beats me.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HD hibiscus dying

Sounds more like an overdose of b-nine growth regulator or over fertilizing before they were shipped out to HD. It could be a virus but I would think it more unlikely than the two causes above which happens in the rush to supply the mass quantity of hibiscus in such a short time period of Spring. Return and see if they get a new batch without the problem. By now the grower probably is aware of the problem and will correct or dump the crop.
Happy Growing David

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hibiscus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here