Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
susana_2009

Help with StarbHibiscus

susana_2009
13 years ago

I recently boufgt a Texas Star Hibiscus. I planted it in the ground. But it does not seem to be doing well. It looks like it is sad the little branches are droopy and the bottom leaves are turning a little brown.

Comments (2)

• Oliver_Shagnasty
    13 years ago

Susana - how often do you water it or I should ask about the ground moisture. A Texas Star can take the heat but it needs a lot of water.

The Texas Star that they keep at the Alamo are watered about every 2 days if not every day but, in the heat they will droop a little.

Oliver Shagnasty
    NC

• curdog007
    13 years ago

Hey Susan, is that my little brown eyed sweetheart? If not, back to the hibiscus.
    The texas star is/can be a bog plant. The first one I saw was growing in the marsh in Apalachicola. I'm not above liberating a plant, but Paula talked me out of it since it did appear to be very snakey. So don't hold back on the water. I have them planted in the beds and in the pool. I thought the red was beautiful until I found the white ones.
    When they finish blooming they'll go to seed. Let the pods dry but don't let them open, you'll loose the seed.
    They are easy to start from seed.
    Uncle Lynn

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH