Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
micamom_gw

All the leaves have dropped

micamom
18 years ago

I bought 2 tropical hibiscus braided topiary trees at Cost Co. last month and have kept them indoors due to the cold spring we have been having.

One dropped all of its leaves.Is there hope for it? I was hoping to put it on my deck - which gets morning and afternoon sun - once it warms up. How do I nurse it back to health?

Thanks!

Comments (2)

• rjj1
    18 years ago

I winter over a lot of tropical hibiscus in a greenhouse with a minimum low of 38 degrees. Once I know temps will stay above 40 at night, out they go.

I think thatÂs where your plant should be.

randy

• jenny_in_se_pa
    18 years ago

Give them time. When you changed the growing conditions (going from store conditions to home conditions), leaf-dropping is what they will do in response. ;-) Once you find a spot for it, don't try to change it too drastically. Big changes in amount of water, light, and temperature will cause them to drop leaves but they will regrow them.

I just put mine outside for summer Saturday and there it will stay until October. You should be able to put yours out on the deck and wait the leaves to resprout. Make sure you have them in free-draining soil in case there are deluges when you might want to temporarily move them (although it's been relatively dry in parts of the mid-atlantic lately).

Sponsored