Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mehearty

ROS - Pruned it, and guess what?

mehearty
12 years ago

I hard pruned a large ROS about a month ago while the shrub was still dormant. There were branches all over the place, as it was a prune job that was most needed. A couple of the branches had several stalks, so I figured what the heck. I stuck them in a bucket of rain water in the garage. I might have even added a little root stimulator at some point after I tranplanted a hydrangea. I also shoved one in the ground.

I noticed today that those sticks are greening up with tiny leaf buds! Is this even possible? These are hard wood cuttings. The real plants aren't even greening up yet, but these guys are. I had to bring my husband over to the bucket to verify that I was, in fact, seeing green.

Could these possibly be rooting?

Comments (2)

• princealbert
    12 years ago

mehearty;
    Yes that is normal. I have a 25 ft long ROS hedge that I started by just sticking sticks in the ground. I thought there was a pic in my photobucket, but I can't find it now.
    happy cloneing.
    pa

• mehearty
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks PA! I have no idea what I'm going to do with all these new shrubs. But it's a happy problem. =) Now if I can get blue satin to do the same ....

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner