Return to the Hibiscus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Perennial Hibiscus care

Posted by mmckendallpk NJ (My Page) on
Wed, May 28, 08 at 17:43

Help! Bought my Mom a perennial hibiscus last year and not sure what to do now that it is spring. The plant came back and has four shoots coming up. One is already over 5" high.

I do know that I need to pinch it back, but do I keep all four or what?

Any help appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Perennial Hibiscus care

Well I am certainly no expert but I bought my first HH's in 2002 bareroot and just plunked it in the ground in full sun. A few years later, having done NOTHING except watering, it had exploded to about 8 feet with many branches. You certainly can pinch but it's not required.

o
RE: Perennial Hibiscus care

I never pinch!! If you got 4 the second year you are doing great! Next year you will have many more.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hibiscus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here