Return to the Hibiscus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How do you prune your hibiscus?

Posted by brighty 9 CA (My Page) on
Sun, May 18, 14 at 18:59

Hi hibiscus friends.
I am new to hibiscus and need advice on pruning mine.
Its long and lanky and rarely blooms. I would like to see it more condensed.

Where precisely should I cute the branches? Or do I just randomly cut them? How far down? It is in a two foot pot and it stands about 4 feet long and lanky with sparse leaves.

Please help it. :)
Thanks, Brighty

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How do you prune your hibiscus?

Brighty,

Hit up Hidden Valley Hibiscus in your search engine. They have excellent information about tropical hibiscus care, pruning and pinching. There are also some post on root and plant pruning that I added here in past threads.

Hope this helps,

Ed

This post was edited by Gutzmek on Wed, May 21, 14 at 22:33

o
RE: How do you prune your hibiscus?

Oh my goodness! Thanks for referring me to the Hidden Valley Hibiscus website. So much information and so many beautiful varieties. Now I'm going to have to add to my collection, of one.
ha ha. Where to begin!
Brighty

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hibiscus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here