Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
merkity

the little cuttings i started

merkity
9 years ago

i thought i would post a couple pics of the cuttings that have been growing for a while now, not sure how long exactly...one is a butterfly and the other, i don't remember. its either butterfly or a red double.

Comments (3)

• merkity
    Original Author
    9 years ago

can't figure out how to post multiple photos...so here is the second one these were both started from super small cuttings as an experiment.

• Gutzmek
    9 years ago

Looking good Merkity. I have a room full of cuttings I will be shipping to good homes. I usually keep one from each cloned variety in case the original dies.

Ed

• merkity
    Original Author
    9 years ago

ha - found the original posts i did of these cuttings in feb last year. - tried to link it below. not bad, it looks like it took about a year and a half for the cuttings to really look and feel quite viable. I am starting to train then outside for the summer and get them used to the weather around here. I think this year i am going to try and start a bunch more cuttings. I would like duplicates of my plants in case of die off, some of them are over 10 years and have been potted and not well treated the entire time.

Here is a link that might be useful: winter experiment