Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
skyye21582

Cutting from Package, don't know what to do...Help!

skyye21582
15 years ago

My SIL has sent me a couple of hibiscus cuttings. They are packaged in Hawaii and she sent them by mail. I know NOTHING about hibiscus at all! Really stupid question..Which end do I stick in the soil?? There's the bushy yellow stuff on one end and the other end was painted (I'm assuming) red. I've been trying to read up on what to do with them (I'm also experimenting with Plumeria) but I have no clue where to start.

Will someone please tell me step by step how to root my hibiscus cuttings and how to care for them. I just recently became a stay at home mom again and for some reason I've got spring fever and just can't quit planting! (Just VERY new to it)

Thanks a bunch!!

Crystal

Comment (1)

• wally_1936
    15 years ago

You would use rootone and put them in a good potting soil, don't let them get too dry after planting. Let them get good light, but no direct sun light. Didn't she tell you why one end was painted red? I would asume the red goes up, but you should check with your friend. Try your local extention agent for more information or a good local nursery.

Sponsored
Dream Outdoor Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Providing Quality Home Improvements in South Riding for Over 30 Years