Return to the Hibiscus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New to Hibiscus

Posted by capeheart z6ccMA (My Page) on
Wed, May 16, 12 at 19:25

Hello

Planted Hibiscus plants last year. gr8-nephew had to have it. I have seen it grow in my area very well with some blooms being the size of dinner plates.

My question is how do you know it made it through the winter? Some people have told me to wait until June. But I see no life at all! :( They were mulched well and we have a very warm winter, but could it be they died?

Thanks
Chantel

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New to Hibiscus

• Posted by rosco_p z6a ont.canada (My Page) on
    Wed, May 16, 12 at 21:45

Chantel; I was just outside today (zone 6a) Southern Ontario Canada and I noticed the first tiny bit of green sprouting from amid the stalks left after cutting down the Hardy Hibiscus last year...so there is hope for you yet. I really had to look to even see this bit of green. You have to be patient with these! Once they begin though, they will really take off.

o
RE: New to Hibiscus

Okay I will be patient :) We had a lot of rain - now we will have a few days of sun, hopefully I will see some signs of lift! Thanks :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hibiscus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here