Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kikicool

Droopy leaves, yellowed edges after infestation

kikicool
15 years ago

Hi there. I hope someone can help. My husband got me a yellow hibiscus tree for my birthday last year. It did great outside all summer, and when we moved it inside over the fall/winter, it became infested with white, fuzzy little things. I would get rid of them, but they'd come back (I see this is common on the forum). Finally, I removed all the leaves from the tree except a few. The leaves all came back. However, they came back a darker, green, slackened and thin feeling. Now, the leaves are yellowing on teh edges and in the middle. I see some white lines in it, as though some insect is inside the leaves? But no signs of life otherwise.

We recently moved it outside (spring here now in NY, and we're coastal) and it did not imrpove nor significantly decline. We were away for two weeks, during which time it was cloudy, rainy, and about 60 ish degrees on average. It was under a roof, so not overwhelmed with water, but it surely got some. The soil does not feel overly moist.

Does anyone know what can be causing this? I've got more of a blackthumb than green... but this was such a special gift, I'd love to not kill it. :( Thank you for any advice you can offer! Kiki

Comment (1)

• wally_1936
    15 years ago

Check with your local nursery, take a leaf in a ziplock bag so nothing is exposed to harm. A good nursery should be able to help you more.

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor