Return to the Hibiscus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What's eating my Hibiscus? (picture)

Posted by Hareball 8/Tx (My Page) on
Thu, May 26, 05 at 21:20

Well um.. what's eating my hibiscus?!?! :)

I haven't seen anything on it so I don't know what could be chewing on it. Any ideas? Thanks :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What's eating my Hibiscus? (picture)

I don't think the picture showed up so try this instead.

Here is a link that might be useful: Hibiscus Buffet

o

Looks like there is some leaf stress disorder (the leaves appeared to be puckered and slightly distorted due to some environmental extreme that happened when the buds were emerging) and possible insect chewing. It's still sortof early and hard to tell until you get some more leaves on there. Sometimes leaves that emerge distorted will also get some holes and tears in them.

o

• Posted by Rjj1 Ok USDA Zone 7 (My Page) on
    Tue, May 31, 05 at 16:20

It wouldn't hurt to feed the poor little thing :-).

randy

o

I have fed it!!! :) It took a nap over the winter silly! I cut it all the way down to the soil and it's just coming back up. :D Actually it's been a few weeks since I've taken the picture and it's grown more leaves and the holes went away. Thank you! :)

o

I think the heat you guys had helped it a whole bunch! Glad it is up and growing! :-D

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hibiscus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here