Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kariw379

Help with new Hibiscus Rosa-Sinensis

kariw379
17 years ago

Hi..I just received this hibiscus as a gift. I'm really into flowers but don't know much about pruning, cutting, spraying, etc. When I first received the plant it was blooming daily, but recently it stopped blooming all together. I've kept the soil moist and haven't changed its condition. It is in a pot, as I don't have a place to plant it yet. I did notice that a couple of the leaves have tiny holes inside it. All of the leaves have remained very growth and it even looks like there is new growth at the base of the plant. It the lack of blossoms normal or do I need to do something. I've read several items on this forum and have wondered if spraying it with soapy water would help. Please let me know if there are any suggestions.

Comment (1)

• plantsofheaven
    17 years ago

Hibiscus usually stop blooming for awhile before producing blooms again. Fertilize regularly with a water soluble fertilizer such as Miracle Grow, 20-20-20 or Hibiscus Food.Prune in August. I have included a very good website with tons of info on hibiscus rosa-sinensis including fertilizing and pruning. Let me know if it works and if it helps.
    Thanks
    Mike

Here is a link that might be useful: Hibiscus sinensis

Sponsored
Foremost Siding & Exterior Design Solutions in Columbus