Return to the Hibiscus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
growing seed pods

Posted by Merkity zone 9 (My Page) on
Sun, May 18, 14 at 23:07

has anyone noticed if their outdoor hibiscus tend to set seed better in certain weather conditions/times of year?

I noticed last round that i was trying all summer for seed pods but the crosses didn't really start taking until about mid summer or so...wonder if it has to do with the fact that mine have to recover from their winter dormancy period...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: growing seed pods

Merkity,

I tend to have greater success in the fall when temps are cooler and humidity is higher.

This past year, 37 seeds set versus the 8 from the year before.

Ed

o
RE: growing seed pods

that is exactly what i noticed! i got very little during the main summer and then as the weather cooled i got a lot of pods. nice to know i am not crazy!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hibiscus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here