Return to the Hibiscus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hibiscus in the front yard???

Posted by jasmin1120 Dallas/Frisco (My Page) on
Thu, May 7, 09 at 23:28

My house is on a slight high with a 2 foot high retaining wall at the bottom. I was wondering if it was weird looking to plant disco belle hibiscuses there? I know they don't grow that tall. I also have a few accompanying perennials to plant with it. It seems like people don't plant these type of flowers in their front yards, or at least I've never seen it. I know my flower bed will be empty in the winter time since all the perennials are dormant in the winter. Any advice will be greatly appreciated!!!!!

By the way, if anyone has planted hibiscuses in the front yard, would you mind posting some pics? :) Would love to see how it looks. Pretty please. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hibiscus in the front yard???

I have planted hardy hibiscus(H.coccinea ,militaris,mutabilis) in previous houses
Don't have any at my current home to post.You may want to
try some Salvia greggii in your beds so there is something evergreen in the winter.Do not know how Pavonia lasiopetela
would do up in the Dallas. but it is a mallow stays about 3'
has pink hibiscus like blooms in summer,likes lots of sun and the hotter it gets the faster it grows.
Art

o
RE: Hibiscus in the front yard???

thanks Art!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hibiscus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here