Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
alameda_gw

Question About Confederate Rose Seeds

I just harvested seeds from my confederate rose plant. I have good luck sprouting daylily seeds by soaking them in a hydrogen peroxide/distilled water solution until they open and the radicle shows. Would this work with Confederate Rose seeds? Have read about a damp paper towel method for germinating these seeds - would really appreciate learning exactly how to germinate these seeds, then how to plant them. I have never tried to grow confederate rose seeds before. Thanks very much!

Judith

Comment (1)

• wally_1936
    11 years ago

One question why do you want to grow them from seed? Cuttings are easier, true to the parent plant and faster!. You just take a cutting of a hard wood branch and put it into a container with water place it in the shade and wait for it to put on lots of roots and stick it into the ground. From seed most will not sprout but you should get some to sprout but then you will not know if it will be true to the plant or what you will get. But they will sprout at least a few of them should. Its all adventure so if that is what you want to do go and have fun!

Sponsored