Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flowerpower326

hibs from seed

flowerpower326
18 years ago

i planted many hib seeds-= texas star, confederate rose, hardy pink and purple.how long do you think it takes to go from seed to sprouts. i started them in peat pots and they were doing well,then i planted them in full sun. i don't see any growth yet. it's been a few weeks, but i know they we growing before i put them in the ground. maria

Comments (5)

• Hollywog
    18 years ago

I've had the same problem with many of my transplants--no hibiscus, but roses, daylilies, asters, geraniums, etc. I think it just gives them a bit of a shock when they get moved, but don't give up on them. It took one of my rosebushes over a month before it started to grow and then--LOOK OUT!! It's all over the place! Hang in there. As long as they don't look like they are dying, they are okay.

• virginia34
    18 years ago

Where do you get the seed? I always buy plants. Would like more info on this. They are so pretty.

• gjmancini
    18 years ago

I have started texas star and ros from seed in peat pots in february in the house. It took about 7-10 days for new growth. I think I soaked my seeds over night before sewing. I think your seedlings are probably in shock.

• i_delrosario
    17 years ago

were can i find seeds. thanks

• woody_ga
    17 years ago

Park's Seeds has some hardy hibiscus seeds. I bought some last year and winter sowed them with good results. They were a little bit slow at the start, but I had some beautiful blooms by the end of summer. So I'm planting more this winter.

Sponsored
Fine Designs & Interiors, Ltd.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Columbus Leading Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2014-2022