Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nucci60

should hardy hibiscus be growing by now?

nucci60
16 years ago

Three of my hardy hibiscus are not coming up yet. the rest are six inches high.One of the sleepers is Ann Arundel which I don't want to lose. Is there still a chance theywill grow?

Comments (5)

• Oliver_Shagnasty
    16 years ago

I don't know about the Ann Arundel but I have several Kopper King that are about 3 feet high and some that have just broke through this week end.

I would give them a little more time. I have read on here that some don't show up until mid June ----

Shagnasty

• watergal
    16 years ago

I had 5 that showed up nearly a month ago, the last one just came up this past weekend, and I'm closer to zone 7. I'd wait some more to be sure.

• bogie
    16 years ago

I thought my hibiscus didn't make it thru the winter. Even planned to put a new rose there. But on Sunday, I saw a little 1/4" shoot of new growth coming from the roots. I would have a bit more patience if I were you (something that I am in need of quite a lot!).

• lynne_melb
    16 years ago

When I lived in zone 5, the hardy hibiscus would came up very late. So I think they could very well still come up.

• jalfred
    16 years ago

My hardy hib. cuttings just sat quietly until now, and now they are showing great signs of life. I have them in plastic cups and today I added new soil to the bottoms of the cups. I have moved to MS (near TN border) and I am hoping they will do well in large pots here.