Return to the Hibiscus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Potting 2 hibiscus in one pot?

Posted by XxPAPPAGEORGIOxX Texas (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 29, 13 at 9:15

I recently planted two fairly new hibiscus in one pot. One is your standard red flower and the other blooms white. (Sorry I don't know the exact names). They both just started blooming yesterday. The red plant makes beautiful flowers and the white one has many buds but they haven't opened yet.

My question is if it is 'bad' to have two hibiscus in one pot? It is a fairly big pot but the plants are right next to each other. I was hoping the branches would intermingle and it will look like one plant with different flowers.

I'm new to all this gardening. Sorry if its a noob (stupid😕) question.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Potting 2 hibiscus in one pot?

• Posted by rosco_p z6a ont.canada (My Page) on
    Sat, Jun 29, 13 at 20:46

Pappa: As in anything the only stupid question is the one that is not asked!
As far as two Hibiscus in a pot? many variables would have to be known to answer this...but I have grown many Hibiscus two or more in an appropriate size pot with great results. As you suggested...too see the different colours together would be nice and make an interesting display. Go ahead and plant them up together; experiment...therein lies the true pleasure in gardening.

o

Great answer, Rosco! Sounds like it will be beautiful! Maybe you'll share a photo in a couple months when it fills in, Pappa?

o

I definitely will moose. Thanks for the advice rosco.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hibiscus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here