Return to the Hibiscus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Holes in Hibiscus leaves

Posted by robinson622 z7 NJ (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 29, 05 at 9:47

Unfortunately I don't know how much information I can give you, but I'll describe the plant the best I can. It hasn't flowered yet this year, however it has large white flowers with a dark pink center. The petals are smooth and the leaves are spade shaped with jagged looking edges. The plant is quite large and has lots of buds right now, but the bottom leaves are being chewed up by some pest. I do see some ants, a few flies on the leaves and I saw a small worm on one of the plants leaves (probably having a feast). If anyone can help, I'd love to know how to get rid of this problem as soon as I can. Thanks for your help.

Lori

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Holes in Hibiscus leaves

Mix up some dish washing detergent(NOT the antibacterial type), 1 table spoon per 1 gallon of water. Using a spray bottle spray the bush down, be sure to spray the underside of the leaf as well. Do this late in the afternoon to avoid the sun burning the leaves.
This will take care of most of the bugs thats eating on the plant and not harm the good ones.

Shagnasty

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hibiscus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here