Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tesa001

identification.....and bud drop......

tesa001
18 years ago

greetings, tried to search, hoping to find some advise without bothering the experts.....but........here i am......

silly me, not saving the nursery tags have some hib's in the back yard in partial sun, doing great.....rescued two from last year after the christmas blizzard (note my zone, hehe) and they are just now showing signs of blooms, however, i have noticed my buds are falling off unopened.....or partially opened, which is how i discovered they look different from my established ones in the back yard...?? i noticed they look just like the one that is shown on the main page of this forum......but the ones in the back yard look like tropicial hib's...so my ? is this......i think i know the ones in the back yard are tropical, so which kind are in the picture? because that's the kind i'm having the bud drop problem with......

they have fantastic green growth, no bugs, that i can see, and i feed with fish emulsion....

thanks in advance for your help.....

have a great day

tesa

Comments (2)

• brianmkerr
    18 years ago

Hi Tesa, Possibly Syriacus species. Try a web search on the word Syriacus. I don't grow it so only suspect it could be.
    Good luck.
    Regards, Brian Kerr.

• beachbarbie
    18 years ago

The pic on the front page of this forum is confederate rose (H. mutabilis). If you click on the picture itself, it'll take you to hortiplex info on it.
    One Rose of Sharon cultivar does have a similar bloom, but the rest of the plant is very different.
    I've never grown these guys, so can't really help with the bud drop.
    Barb

Sponsored