Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
poohbearlvr

What Is The Name I am Looking For?

PoohBearLvr
18 years ago

Hi. I dont know the correct name of the hibiscus I so badly want again for my yard. It is the one that has the hanging flower with the white to pink petals that curl up and the middle with the stamens and pistol etc..hangs down from the center and I have always called it 'Chinese Lantern'. It grows like a weed here in South Fla. BUT I cant find it anywhere to even try to take a cutting. I know it grows on its own root system here...a rare thing in south Fla...but the flower is so pretty. Like I said, the flower is smallish, the petals curl up, it only has 5 petals,,and feather like,,pink to white to almost reddish, then it has that long hanging center. Sometimes it is a varigated plant. But I'd like the totally green one if possible. Anyone know what I am talking about...maybe know where I can find it and the right name and maybe see a picture??

Comments (2)

• jet_ny
    18 years ago

Is it anything like these?

Here is a link that might be useful: hibiscus schizopetalus

• PoohBearLvr
    Original Author
    18 years ago

THATS it! Not the exact color I want. But that is the exact shape. So..where do you get these? I would be happy with nearly any of them. The ones in the first line are all ok looking. They are not the exact color..but they are the shape I want! So..who sells these??? I guess the white color comes from the ones that are on variegated plants. But a green plant would grow faster! Thanks Jet NY !!

Sponsored