Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
splats

Help-Hibiscus Dying

splats
15 years ago

OK, I'm in Yuma AZ. It's hotter than hadies. 110 right now. I have nine hibiscus planted along the back north facing wall. the soil is sandy and the ground is muched. They do not dry out and are getting plenty of water. right now I'm trying watering twice a day because of the heat. This is the second summer for the plants. they made it threw last summer OK; but now two of them are dieing. The leaves are shrivalling up and the plants look terrible. they are not really dropping leaves and they are not turning yellow. but the leaves have lost that bright green luster and like I said, are shrivalling up.

Can anyone help. I am thinking it is just to hot. So I am thinking about building a shade over them that will keep the direct sun off them.

Comment (1)

• pharazon
    15 years ago

Let them have two hours of early morning sun, and then cover them for the rest of the day. If you're watering them frequently, water once during the hottest part of the day, but make sure to not get the leaves wet if they are in direct sunlight at the time.

Sponsored
Capri Home Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars33 Reviews
Reputable Home Renovation Company Serving Northern Virginia