Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hibiscus_0bsessed

First bloom: Hugs and kisses

Hibiscus_0bsessed
10 years ago

I got my "hugs and kisses" last fall and the buds it got in the spring fell off but finally, after I potted up and gave it some Miracle Gro, it gave me this awesome bloom! It was totally worth the wait! Thanks everyone for all the advise. Have been reading every post I think might be useful to me and it paid off huge. It has 2 other buds that should bloom in the next few days I will add pics!

Comments (5)

• Gutzmek
    10 years ago

That is a very interesting color pattern. Great looking bloom.
    Ed

• Linda_Brookes
    10 years ago

WOW!! beautiful big flower.

• Hibiscus_0bsessed
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Second blooms was still pretty but colors seem a little lighter.

• Will07
    10 years ago

I absolutely LOVE this type of hibiscus. If you can, take a picture in the early morning and wait until the evening and snap another. Compare the photos and you will be amazed! As the bloom ages the colour changes. They are a very bright vibrant colour in the morning and as the day goes on the colour will fade to a more light purple and bright yellow edges.

• Hibiscus_0bsessed
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I wish I could have done that! I just started a new job so I don't get to see my flowers untill the evening now:( and this is the 3rd and last bloom for a while, but maybe I will try next time. I almost didn't even buy this one, I almost got "spin the bottle" but I am so happy I desided to get this one.
    Thanks
    Mercedes

Sponsored