Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
anna2u

Should I plant or Pot My new Hibiscus

anna2u
10 years ago

Hello I have about a two-foot tall hibiscus tree that was planted on Mothers Day and is doing fine I just bought three new small Hibiscus and I am worried about planting them after reading a few different posts about potting in containers vs planting does anyone have any tips I live in Casa Grande Az and right now temps are 110 during the day I am so worried to plant them . Thanks ....

Comments (2)

• Linda_Brookes
    10 years ago

Hello Anna2u, I'm quite new to Hibiscus myself so I don't know that I'll be of much help to you. Hibiscus will grow quite happily in pot's if you decide that you want to grow them in containers. I live in Florida, so we get some pretty hot weather too and I find that my Hibiscus do best if they're not out in the really hot sun all day. I have one planted in the front yard that has sun till around lunchtime and then is in the shade for the rest of the day, and it's seems to do very well in that position. My other 2 Hibiscus that I brought quite recently, I've decided to grow in containers and they get sun until lunchtime and then are in dappled shade for the rest of the day. So far they appear to be doing really well. If you get really cold winters where you are, and you have exotic Hibiscus, they probably won't survive out in the cold, so if you leave them in pot's at least you can move them inside. If your winters are mild like here in Florida, they should be ok outside, either in containers or planted.

I hope that helps a little, I'm sure someone with far more experience than me will correct me if the info I've given you is wrong.

Linda

• anna2u
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank You Linda it does get very hot its a dry heat that feels like a oven lol and our winters can get down to the mid 20's to 30s I may do the containers for the first year to see how they do wish me luck Thank you again..Anna

Sponsored