Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flowergirl70ks

repot or cut back?

flowergirl70ks
16 years ago

I have a rather large hibiscus in a pot, It got severely damaged in a hailstorm. There's not a leaf on it that isn't tattered.I think it's called the Path.It was full of buds too. Is there anything I can do for it? I usually don't cut them back until Feb. It's been in this pot for years.

Comments (2)

• jenny_in_se_pa
    16 years ago

You probably don't need to do either with it. Just let it recover. I've had my old one go through a noreaster (I think it may have been the remnants of some hurricane or tropical storm) a few years ago and it was almost leafless before I rescued it and pulled it back from my balcony rail out of the wind and rain but it eventually recovered, releafed, and bloomed normally.

• hitexplanter
    16 years ago

Personally I would take this time to repot and give it a root prune and topping so it will be good to go for several more years. Like mentioned you probably could do nothing and have it come back but if it has been in the same pot for years it will do so much better if given a new lease on life. Good Luck whatever you choose and
    Happy Growing David

Sponsored