Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mimigold_gw

Brown Spots on Leaves & Stems of Hardy Hibiscus

MimiGold
11 years ago

I live in South Carolina and my Hardy Hibiscus plants were doing great, but in the last few days I noticed these brownish-blackish spots on the leaves & the leaves were turning yellow. Today I noticed these spots were beginning to appear on the main stem as you can see in the photo. I am hoping someone here will be able to identify the problem for me.

There are also a few big leaves which have been half eaten and a few with decent sized holes in the center. Would that be from grasshoppers or caterpillars?

Thank you!

Comments (4)

• MimiGold
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Today, I noticed that another Hardy Hibiscus across the yard from the one pictured above, is now beginning to get the brown spots on its leaves. I also noticed tiny white things bunched together on the top of one of its leaves. (refer to picture below) Anyone know what they are?

• MimiGold
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I also found this bug on one of my Hibiscus plants leaves. I don't know what it is, or if it is good or bad. Any idea?

• MimiGold
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Here is a picture of a leaf on one of my deteriorating Hardy Hibiscus plants. It is getting worse every day. I am getting desperate here. Help needed!

• wally_1936
    11 years ago

My suggestion is to take a few leaves in a sealed zip-lock bag to your extension agent.

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville