Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
angie83_gw

few seeds

angie83
17 years ago

Hi I just got my first seeds from a red hibisc it only had 6 large seeds in it is that normal...Also this mother rarely blooms will that make here babys slow bloomers too...thx angie

Comments (6)

• beachbarbie
    17 years ago

It's not unusual to have that many seeds, some plants are just like that.
    As far as how the offspring will bloom, there's really no way of knowing for certain - you'll find out on about a year of more when the babies bloom!
    Barb

• angie83
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thx Barb just got one of the seeds to sprout so excited cant wait to see it bloom.
    angie

• linda2222
    17 years ago

I have never planted hibiscus seed. How long is the germination period and how quickly do they usually grow?

• angie83
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi linda2222 it is super fast about a week in the baggy with wet paper towel im at 100% germination right now with this method it works great, just check every day when u see a little white peaking from seed ,plant in good loose soil.Angie

• kani_2006
    17 years ago

I have hibiscus and want to know where to look for the seeds. New to hibiscus...bought a home which has several plants outfront as hedging.

• angie83
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi kani the seed make a pod where the flower was, the flower part will fall off and leave only the stem and it will make a pod if it got pollenated and temp is right.I havent had much luck with the heat but I keep trying I did get seeds from spring when it was cooler but I might have to wait till fall for more way to hot here in texas.Angie