Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sharonstar_gw

white spots on hibiscus leaves

sharonstar
18 years ago

I have a hardy hibiscus plant currently in a pot which I will put in the ground but several of the leaves are mottled with white spots. This is my first time to try this plant and received it as a small start. It is growing every day but I am wondering if it is diseased and if there is any remedy for it. Thank you in advance. Sharon

Comments (3)

• seventowers
    18 years ago

Sharon , What do you mean by white spots?
    Is it on the old growth only? It could be sunburn.
    I received some in 4 inch pots that were not used to the full sun and my old growth burned and this shows itself as a white coating on the leaves. But the new leaves should grow just fine.

• sharonstar
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Seventowers, I know what you mean about the sunburned leaves. This happened to one of my angel trumpets, and is fine now. The spots on the hibiscus are like white splotches. I did tear those leaves off, so I will see what happens. The new growth looks ok. I think I will plant it in the ground and see what happens. Thanks for your input. Sharon

• carol0207
    15 years ago

The white spots are under the leaves of my hibiscus are huge (1" or more) and round. Almost feathery, or webby. Very scary - I cut of the affected stems and trashed them, but am so afraid that the rest of my plants will get whatever this is. Can't find it on-line. I would be very grateful for any help or references you can give me. Hurry!
    Email me at medtec0207@aol.com
    Thanks so much,
    Carol

Sponsored