Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bruggirl

I have so many that lived!

bruggirl
18 years ago

I reported earlier that I had potted up about 40+ leftover seedlings from last year that looked as if they were going to come back up, and now they are in 1 gallon pots, and growing like mad! I have about a dozen mixed hardy hibiscus, some pink marsh mallow, and guess what? I even got two very healthy Texas Stars, which I thought were all dead! YAY!

Tons of Militaris and Cannabinus, which are easy to grow here, but I'm most excited about the hardy hibiscus, because I was told they wouldn't live through the winter here.

I'm going to try to dig a whole row in front of the hedgerow and put them all there. I can't bear to part with any of them. Well, the Lunas will probably go in the front yard. I don't know, maybe all the hardy hibs will go in the front yard. They may have to, there are so darned many! I don't know if I could get them all in the back! Besides, I want people to see them.

I'm just so thrilled to have so many healthy and growing second year plants. I would have never thought they would survive in those tiny little cell packs they were planted in.

Comments (2)

• hibsicus
    18 years ago

Hi,I see that you are a hibiscus lover,like me.You do have a lot.Do you happen to have any seeds.I have a few,maybe,we can trade.They are real pretty.
    Margaret

• bruggirl
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Margaret,
    We've traded before (I know it's hard to remember everyone). I won't have seeds for awhile, so I'll let you know when I do.

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022