Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jameya

opps i did it again...lol..

jameya
9 years ago

So i go to a big box store and as i am walking in, i see some plants that look pretty good to me and of course they were on clearence for 5 dollars, and they looked healthy so what did i do?? Yes, you guessed it..i grabbed 4 different plants...my problem is that i recently bought my first home and it had not one mature plant so ive been going crazy buying plants this past year and have no clue as to what im doing. So ive been told on here tags dont tell the right info sometimes and i googled it for my zone and it says it will be okay...its a magnolia named "jane" there was no tag on it, just a small sticker with clerance five dollar bar code with the name. Here are my questions...
It kinda looks like a small bush right now with maybe 4 small branches...will this jane stay a bush or is it more of a tree?? When i goggle pictures and info on it i get kind of confused on what i can expect her to look like in a few years because some pictures look like a tree and others kind of look like a lilac bush almost. Im trying to figure out where im gonna plant her, so i need an idea of what to expect. And can i plant her now, or just leave it in the pot until the fall and plant it then?? And will it need mulch or special care for winter??
Thank you in advance for advice, thoughts, or suggestions. :)

Comments (2)

• jameya
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hello all....another quick question....
    Im in zone 5 and its almost july, ive read this rose of sharon should be planted in the fall...so should i keep them in their pots until then and just keep them watered or what could happen if i put them in the ground now and kept them watered really good?? I bought a couple for the person that lives next door to me and was going to plant all of them this weekend. No where where ive read online says what would happen if i plant in july??
    Thank

• sueok_gw
    9 years ago

You might repost your questions on the shrubs forum. I think someone there would have some ideas.