Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mario_gw

Help for a blue Blue Satin Question

mario
18 years ago

I posted this once before, but didnt get much feedback, trying again.

I just purchased two small plants at my local garden centre. I placed them in a corner by the house that receives direct sunlight for a few hours and then are mostly getting shady indirect sunlight for the remainder of the day.

Is there enough light for them in this location? I am hoping so as I really dont have anywhere else to put them and they will make an excellent front presentation in a few years, that is if they are suitable in this location.

Can someone help me, will the plants work in this spot? I know that hibiscus prefer direct full sun, but that just wont happen where they are.

Comment (1)

• shiao
    18 years ago

Hi, I am new to hibiscus plants too. I also just bought two blue satins...planted one in an open spot that gets sun all day in the summer. The other one I planted on the east side of the house...so it gets sun from about 7 in the morning till about 1 pm when the sun move past the middle mark, and the shadow of the house falls on the plant. I was told by the man who sold me these plants that both are fine for the plants. Remember these woody shrubs like full sun to part shade...so they dont necessarily want to be fried all day long...good luck to you.

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living