Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvpatch2

Gray spots on hibiscus leaves

luvpatch2
14 years ago

I have gray large spots on the leafs of two hibiscus plants that I recently purchased that were healthy plants when I brought them home. Within one-2 days of planting I am now getting large gray spots on the leaves. Can anyone help me with this? Also what is the best thing to spray on Hibiscus when you have aphids in the buds of the flowers? Thanks

Comments (4)

• gardenlover25
    14 years ago

I think aphids caused the gray spots on your hibiscus. Regular cleaning of leaves can prevent pest from attacking your hibiscus. Be sure to clean the leaves some spider mites stay under the leaves of hibiscus.

Here is a link that might be useful: care of hibiscus

• wally_1936
    14 years ago

Soapy water if you spray well they will drown.

• wally_1936
    14 years ago

Any hardy hibiscus and Texas Star Hibiscus you should be able to get seeds from members on this website. My Confederate Rose is about 8 foot tall from a four foot stick last year. They start better from cuttings than seeds but they do put on seeds near the end of their blooming season. They seem to like to bloom in August until it gets too cool. If it gets cold enough they will die all the way back to the ground and come back the following year. All I have is a few (Red) Texas Star Hibiscus (native to Louisiana and Florida how it got the name is a mystery) There are a few seed companies that still sell hardy hibiscus seeds if you need more color All I have are a few mixed pink,white, and red. I have never tried starting my Confederate Rose Hibiscus from seed but may give it a try come cooler weather.

• palmfan
    14 years ago

Once had a lavendar Confederate Rose which I got rid of, having no idea that it was an unusual color for that species. Sure wish I had it now! By the way, the spots MAY be fungus. I've had yellowish spots in the past on some of mine which i believe were fungus of some kind, but not sure.

Sponsored