Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
noonie1970

My Moy Grand Seed never sprouted

noonie1970
17 years ago

I bought some seed on ebay. I did as the directions said and they never sprouted. I spoke with the one who I purchesed them from and she said since I had done everything as the directions said she was not sure what happened.

Can anyone help me on this? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,

Latrishia

Comments (3)

• angie83
    17 years ago

Best way to do hibiscus is to use the baggie paper towel way .I to have bought seeds off ebay most all are good but every now and then I get some like that they could be older seeds they seem to take longer.If it were me I dig them up put them in wet paper towel and watch them closely.If nothing happens then I would nic the back side of the seed .Sometimes this works for me.Hope this helps hibiscus are very easy to grow from seed I have had great luck with them almost 100% with them.

• noonie1970
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I am sorry I am new to hibiscus and gardening all together this year. How can I tell if they are germinated. Are is there a way to tell. Thanks for your help!!!

• angie83
    17 years ago

When I see a small white piece coming out of the seed then I take it off the and plant it.To do the zippy baggy way U wet a paper towel fold it put seeds on it then put it in a ziplock baggy and check it every day keepin it wet.When u see a small white root lookin out of the seed then I plant it shallow with loose light soil.Hibiscus seed seem to be easy to get to grow here in texas if seeds are fresh.

Sponsored
Stanford Designs
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Luxury Interior Design Services | Northern Virginia