Return to the Hibiscus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hibiscus

Posted by kotzurc 9 (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 6, 07 at 11:20

Can someone tell me why my hibiscus bushes do not seem to grow in height? They look healthy green and bloom all the time but do not seem to grow much in size. They are in a spot where they get about 6 to 8 hours of full sun a day. I fertilze them monthly and have mulch in the flower bed they are in. I water the bed weekly or when it looks dry. I do not see any disease or pests on the plants causing damage to the plants. The plants look really healthy. I bought the plants at the nursery this spring and planted them in my bed and have not had any problems with the plants. Can someone please answer this for me?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hibiscus

My initial guess is that the plants are putting energy into blooming, not growing.
But, they still should be growing some. Perhaps it's the fertilizer. Are you using one that promotes blooming? If so, I'd fertlilize them with a fertilizer that is more balanced a little more often.
Perhaps someone else will have more advise.
Good luck!
Barb

o
RE: Hibiscus

Hi Barb,
I am using a fertilzer that promotes blooming. I will try a more balanced fertilzer to see what happens. Thanks for the advise.
Carol

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hibiscus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here