Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kotzurc

Hibiscus

kotzurc
16 years ago

Can someone tell me why my hibiscus bushes do not seem to grow in height? They look healthy green and bloom all the time but do not seem to grow much in size. They are in a spot where they get about 6 to 8 hours of full sun a day. I fertilze them monthly and have mulch in the flower bed they are in. I water the bed weekly or when it looks dry. I do not see any disease or pests on the plants causing damage to the plants. The plants look really healthy. I bought the plants at the nursery this spring and planted them in my bed and have not had any problems with the plants. Can someone please answer this for me?

Comments (2)

• beachbarbie
    16 years ago

My initial guess is that the plants are putting energy into blooming, not growing.
    But, they still should be growing some. Perhaps it's the fertilizer. Are you using one that promotes blooming? If so, I'd fertlilize them with a fertilizer that is more balanced a little more often.
    Perhaps someone else will have more advise.
    Good luck!
    Barb

• kotzurc
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi Barb,
    I am using a fertilzer that promotes blooming. I will try a more balanced fertilzer to see what happens. Thanks for the advise.
    Carol

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH