Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sunnibeach4

What is this?

sunnibeach4
10 years ago

Hello all! I am new to gardening and handling hibiscus. I bought my home and this beautiful hibiscus is now blooming in the back yard. What kind of hibiscus is this, does anyone have an idea? The leaves are dull and the blooms are deep pink and seem to not completely open up. It stands about 4 plus feet tall and is about 3 foot wide.

Comments (5)

• sunnibeach4
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Here is a closer shot, earlier in the day, some of the leaves still have dew on them. so pretty.

• kathi_mdgd
    10 years ago

WOW that's a beauty.Sorry can't help with the name.
    Kathi

• TulsaRose
    10 years ago

Sunni, it would be difficult to ID a particular cultivar by name. It is one of the Hardy Hibiscus, not Tropical. I'm not even sure which species hardy Hibiscus you have. The link below is very informative and may help you with an ID.

You can also do a Google Images search for "pink hardy hibiscus" and spend an enjoyable morning, browsing all the lucious pictures. :-)

One of the more experienced members will probably chime in with better information for you.

Here is a link that might be useful: Hibiscus and other Malvaceae

• Gutzmek
    10 years ago

Sunnibeach4,
    This is a Hibiscus Moscheutos. 'Luna Rose' might be a candidate, but I suspect it could be a Fleming Hibiscus. Either way, it will produce flowers year after year. Water often, and read about the simple care they need. Each winter they die back and emerge late spring to early summer.
    Ed

• John Perilloux
    10 years ago

It appears to me to be a Swamp Rose Mallow. They come in different colors (and are referred to by different names).

Here is a link that might be useful: White Swamp Mallow

Sponsored
Custom Premiere Design-Build Contractor | Hilliard, OH