Return to the Hibiscus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RE: Dead Buds on Hardy Hibiscus

Posted by lommel 7 (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 15, 12 at 16:04

I purchased 2 hardy hibiscus 2 weeks ago and just planted
them in the ground due to the extreme heat the past week.
They had blooms and many buds on them when purchased. While in pots on my porch (watered daily)then the buds turned brown and did not bloom. I planted them in the yard , but
no blooms and no buds. What do I need to do?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
Dead Buds on Hardy Hibiscus

Same thing happening here to my Luna Pink Swirl in NW Washington. Still in the pot and all the flower buds are turning brown and dying from tip backward. The leaves are fine, bright green and sturdy. Just the flowers are affected. I manually pruned them all off in the hopes of stopping whatever is happening but would love to know what else to do.

HELP!!

o
RE: RE: Dead Buds on Hardy Hibiscus

I am not an expert but it sounds like you are over-watering the plants. Also, be careful on where you put the pots. Putting them on a really hot surface can fry the flowers so you should try to find a spot that is shielded from midday sun or plant them in the ground immediately like I did.
"lommel". Just give the plants time and the buds will return. If they don't they definitely will rebloom next year.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hibiscus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here