Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shiao_gw

Hi all! I am so excited!!!

shiao
18 years ago

Hi everyone! I am usually over at the tree peony site, where I learned quite a bit about my four new tree peonies that I had recently purchased and planted in early spring (from a Chinese distributor...they are great!). In any case, now that I have finished my peony garden, I am turning my attention to summer flowering shrubs and I decided on the T Of Sharon shrubs...because they will bloom from mid summer all the way to fall.

I am so excited because I have spent the last two weeks calling and visiting all the nurseries and garden centers, but I couldnt find the one hiciscus that I really wanted...the Blue Satin. Well, this afternoon, the good folks at one of the nursery just called to let me know that they just received in a small shipment of the Blue Satin. Apparently they had the blue birds a few weeks ago and they sold out within a day. So I reserved two plants for myself, and I understand that the blue satins are even better than the blue birds. I am just so excited about these royal blues that I had to share with you all.

Comments (2)

• beachbarbie
    18 years ago

Congrats! I know what it's like to finally get a plant you've been coveting.
    And the Blue Satin's on my wish list also.
    Barb

• ShirleyD
    18 years ago

I planted a Blue Satin last spring. It was VERY small - about 6 inches and only had one flower. This year it is about 2 feet tall and loaded with buds. I had my first two flowers open yesterday - and they are gorgeous! Couldn't be happier with them! I hope you enjoy yours!

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner