Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kathi_mdgd

Is this a hibiscus

kathi_mdgd
18 years ago

Help,i have this plant that dh bought last year.He said they told him it is a hibiscus,and of course he didn't save the tag,if it had one.I do have a picture of it and the foiliage.Could someone please post the picture for me,so we can try to find out what exactly this is?? It's very pretty,that i must say.

However neither the leaves or the flower look like any of our other hibiscus.The branches remind me of bamboo and the flower is almost like a star.Hope someone can help.I'll email it to the willing person.TIA

Kathi

Comments (3)

• TonyfromOz
    18 years ago

Your word picture is a bit short on information, but 'bamboo' and 'star' suggest a possibility to me, namely Hibiscus coccineus.

Have a look at this link. Scroll down about two-thirds, click on thumbnails. This site has the species as 'coccinea' - they should know better.

If you're still stumped you could email your pic to me, but Rosemarie and Carol in this forum are the experts at helping others post pictures, and always seem very obliging.

Here is a link that might be useful: Hibiscus coccineus

• TonyfromOz
    18 years ago

Sorry, I forgot I was in the Hibiscus forum. Carol and Rosemarie's usual forum, like mine, is Name That Plant.

• kathi_mdgd
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks Tony,Later on today i found another link that had a picture of the plant i have.It's called a Texas Star hibiscus.
    Kathi

Sponsored