Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
roandco_gw

Hibiscus leaves are stunted misshapen

roandco
15 years ago

Hello All,

My Lord Baltimore has the odd leaf (old and new) that is mishappen and stunted. The plant is about 3 years old and about 5-6 feet tall at this point. I have checked plant and cannot see any pests, webs etc. It doesn't seem to be producing alot of flower buds either.

Any ideas what could be causing this? See pictures.

TIA

Ro

Here is a link that might be useful: Hibiscus leaves

Comments (2)

• junkyardgirl
    15 years ago

Have you used systemic insecticides on it? They do not like that, and that will cause it very quickly. It could be the geminivirus that attacks some forms of hibiscus. It could also be leafhoppers, which are very hard to catch on the plant.

• roandco
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi junkyardgirl,

Thanks for replying. No I didn't use insecticides (the most I use very rarely is ivory soap/garlic/oil spray) and I didn't use this near the plant this year. I am wondering if lack of moisture/food could have caused it? Since I've been watering more and fertilizing, fewer leaves are looking bad. It's a huge plant and it's located in a boggy clay soil so I just assumed it gets enough water naturally.

I'm hoping it's not a virus but thanks for the info, I'm going to try and find more info about it.

Sponsored