Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nobreyner

Wanna see something cool?

nobreyner
16 years ago

What the subject refers to is the flowers posted below. Can you believe that each of these flowers belongs to the same Snowfire hibiscus? It bloomed several times already and each of the three branches puts out one of each of the three blooms below. I'm excited that I have a three-in-one plant, but how does something like this happen?

This Red one is the advertised color on Bahama Bay's plant tag.

{{gwi:893421}}

I like the peach veins that travel down into the yellow petals.

{{gwi:893422}}

This one is a great looker.

{{gwi:893423}}

Comments (7)

• beachbarbie
    16 years ago

Two of the flowers are from branches that were grafted onto the main hibiscus plant. I'm guessing that since the tag referred to the first bloom, the other two are the grafted blooms. It is cool, isn't it. They're all gorgeous!
    I'm drawing a blank as to what the names of the other blooms are. If you'd like, I can ask on the hibiscus listserv I'm a member of. Someone there's bound to know the names.
    Barb

• hibsicus
    16 years ago

Hi,sure is pretty.You wouldn't happen to have any seeds would you to trade.
    Margaret

• nobreyner
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I'm sorry, but I am not interested in collecting seeds for the foreseeable future. Thanks anyway.

• User
    16 years ago

That is soooo cool!
    OK, now I'm jealous.

• birdsnblooms
    16 years ago

Nobreyner, what a beautiful hibiscus..You found one heck of a plant..I've never seen a grafted hib before; wish they sold them here..LOL..You've got a winner..Toni

• caribblue
    16 years ago

I just wanted to comment that it is unusual to have two different types of hibiscus in th same pot from a commercial grower. Good score. The top one looks like a "snow fire" and the bottom two are "rum runner", The pic in the middle is an older rum runner flower, and the bottom pic is of a new rum runner flower. I find that my rum runners look the best in the morning with the color fading as the day goes on and it gets hot outside. Truly one of my favorites.

• nobreyner
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks for the ID. It was labeled simply Snow Fire. It's cool to have three in one, to save space you see.

Sponsored